B.Sc in Operation Theatre and Anesthesia Technology, is among the best paramedical courses in India. A career in Operation Theatre & Anesthesia Technology is meeting the demand of the growing needs of experts in the fields of operation theatre management, medical ethics, anesthesia technology and post-operation care.
A wider scope of Operation Theatre Technology is quite prominent in transplant teams, orthopedic clinics, gynecology sections, cancer units, surgery, special care baby units. They are also hired for research, education and training. Some of the professionals are privately hired by doctors, surgeons, physicians or dentists who perform surgery of the patient.
B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology students also learn a lot about the fundamentals of operation theatres, emergency wards, and intensive care units. Operation Theatre Technology course is the basic graduation course that deals with the Ethics, arrangements of the operation theatre, and managing the pieces of equipment that are necessary while performing surgery.
An operation theatre technologist has to present in the surgery room and must assist the doctors and nurses in the time of surgery. They should mastermind all the surgical pieces of equipment before surgery, cleaning these necessary pieces of equipment before surgery, and must obey the orders of a Surgeon during the Surgery.
The B. Sc in Operation Theatre and Anesthesia Technology is a program offered by MGC that is drafted with the following objectives:
- To impart basic knowledge and skills involved in dealing with handling techniques involved in dealing with anesthetic equipment as well as pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative patient monitoring and care.
- To train students to work in conjunction with a multidisciplinary team to apply anesthesia technology to the patients.
- To pursue further qualification to attain senior position in the professional field and also to keep abreast with the recent advances, new technology and research.
- Students learn how to take care of a patient pre and post-operation. They all are also given proper training to assist surgeons, anesthetists, and nurses to maintain hygiene in the OT rooms by adopting the sterilize and disinfecting process.
- Course equip the students with the fundamental knowledge and hands on skill of proper care, handling and dosage of anesthesia and anesthetic machinery as well as patients undergoing surgery. They can gain employment in hospitals and health care institutes. They will also be capable of opting for higher studies and research.
- Registered Veterinarian Technician
- Anesthesia Technician
- Anesthesiology Technician
- Anesthesiology Physician
- Jobs in Teaching and Education
- Jobs in Private Sector
- Lead Medical Instrument Technician
- Perioperative Care Technician
- Cardiothoracic Anaesthetists
All those candidates who have passed the 10+2 with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects and either Mathematics or Biology from recognized Board / University / Council or 10+2 with vocational course in Medical Laboratory Science / Medical Laboratory Technology with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidate belonging to Reserved Category) in aggregate.
Course duration: 3 Years / 6 Semesters