The BHMCT’s ultimate goal is to produce quality and well-groomed graduates for employment in hotel, tourism, and services management positions at a national as well as global level. The BHMCT department is equipped with adequate infrastructure and can boast of facilities comparable to International Standards. Holistic Development of the students is a key operative for the management of the school. Apart from spacious and well-ventilated classrooms, conference halls, e-library, IT resource centers, the food production labs with modern kitchens, bakery and confectionary units are an integral part of the school infrastructure.
A strong concept of education based on academic theory and professional experience is the backbone of the institute academics. The teaching methodology is based on interactive methods, the use of modern technology and multimedia. The school regularly conducts seminars and workshops periodically enabling students to interact with key industry experts and leaders in the field. This helps students in keeping them abreast of the current and relevant techniques. Further, add on courses offered in English speaking, Bar Management, Facility Planning, and Customer Relationship Management make students industry-ready.
Internships and placements are vital to education earned. To support this, a dedicated team of professionals in the Training and Placement cell is available. They work with each student in chalking out their career paths based on their aptitude and interest. To gain industry exposure to the best hotel management college in North India, students are actively encouraged for vocational training, weekend jobs, and part-time jobs to enhance the scope of their careers. Specialized training is also imparted to the students for getting the best internships.
- Create a blueprint for your hospitality career & get exposed to crucial hospitality management concepts.
- Understand the fundamentals of the Hotel Industry, Commercial Kitchen Operations, Food & Beverage Service, and the Wines.
- Introduction to key principles of Human Resources, Customer-Centered Marketing, and specific Finance & Accounting for the Hotel industry.
- Focus on delivering superior performance and value to your customer.
- To provide our students with an in-depth understanding of the operational aspects and knowledge of the underlying principles of the International Hospitality Industry.
- Allow students to become familiar with the practical aspects of the hospitality industry and the strategic management issues involved in operating International Resorts and Hotels.
- Present to them an avenue to move into a range of international organizations in the service sector.
- To train students for operational and administrative supervisory & management positions.
- Prepare graduates for management careers in industry sectors such as Hotels, Resorts, Cruise Liners, Restaurants, and Catering Organisations.
- Hotels Restaurant and Pub Management
- Accommodation Operations like Housekeeping manager, Supervisor, Laundryincharge
- Food Production department in any industry or hospitals
- Sport and Leisure Industry
- Spas, recreation centers, lifestyle centric jobs
- Cruise liners
- Entertainment (cinemas, theatres, and restaurants)
- Relaxation and cultural pursuits (museums and galleries, reading, shopping)
- Contract Catering etc
It has greater potential in terms of employment opportunities, lifestyle, and a bright future on both domestic and international shores.
All those candidates who have passed the 10+2 or its equivalent examination in any stream conducted by a recognized Board / University / Council. OR Those candidates who have passed their Matriculation examination AND have also passed three year Diploma in any Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Chandigarh or such Examination from any other recognized State Board of Technical Education, or Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Longowal.
COURSE DURATION: 4 Years / 8 Semesters
Admission is made directly on the basis of marks obtained in 10+2. Online registration can be made on our MGC website www. mgccampus.com.