Wi-Fi Campus / e-Classrooms
21st Century belongs to “the era of Web information” as the Internet plays an essential role in today’s life. The need and importance of Internet in the field of education is supported by round the clock high speed Internet connectivity of 105Mbps 1:1 and has strong backbone of dedicated OFC link throughout the campus with the help of which the students can surf the Web. Thus, they can enhance their knowledge as well as extract unlimited e-Information.
In addition to this, the students are also being provided Wireless connectivity (Wi-Fi) using which the students can access online information anywhere in and around the campus using their Laptops. Also, students get many facilities of e-mail, net surfing, up/down loading of web based applications and helps them in preparing projects and seminar presentations.
The coverage of Wi-Fi is not restricted to classrooms only but also extends to common areas like Auditorium, Library, Cafeteria, Guest House, Sports Complex and Hostels.
Spacious e-classrooms with excellent ambience and modern teaching aids like multimedia projectors, etc. are made available to the students. E-classrooms also act as a medium for conducting seminars, technical quizzes and paper presentation contests.
We understand that most of our students are moving away from home for the first time, so we strive to make the transition as smooth as possible by offering comfortable and safe residential facility within the campus. MGCoffers separate magnificent hostels for boys and girls with a warden in each hostel to supervise day to day management.
Facilities Which We Provide In Hostels
All the rooms have been designed to provide adequate moving space and ample air and light. Each hostel has its own mess providing hygienic and nutritious meals three times a day. Below the hostel facilities available, subject to variation with respect to the hostel and room pattern allotted:
- Separate hostel facility for boys and girls within the campus
- Semi furnished rooms with attached washrooms
- Adequate ventilation and lighting facility
- Air cooler facility within the rooms of hostel
- Arrangement for 24 hours uninterrupted power supply through dedicated hotlines
- Internet connectivity through Wi-Fi system
- Hot water in winters (scheduled timings)
- Facilities for indoor and outdoor games like Table tennis, Badminton, Football, Basket Ball, Volleyball, Lawn Tennis, Cricket, Hockey etc.
- Campus clinic with ambulance to provide medical assistance to students, 24 x 7
- Power backup for light load
- Hygienic mess facility with vegetarian meals only
- Two wheelers may be allowed for hostel residents after approval from authorities (Four wheelers are strictly prohibited)
- 24 hour security
- Gymnasium facility (optional on payment basis)
- Laundry facility (optional on payment basis)
- Newspapers and magazines are provided to students on demand
Canteen & Cafeterias
Modern Group of Colleges has the facility of a spacious and clean canteen that caters to the taste of all students. Canteen can conveniently accommodate 200 students at a time, functioning in the campus. The canteen and cafeteria is equipped with modern furniture and electrical automatic cooking and storing facilities, which provides hot lunch, snacks and beverages both to the students and staff at reasonable rates.
It is well maintained with efficient service and a take away counter. The canteen serves a variety of dishes and remains open on all working days. Beverages of different flavors are served on different days according to different seasons. When the grind of studies reaches its height, students seek refreshment in The Food Court, offering a wide range of fast food varieties at nominal prices.
Library & E Journals
Modern Group of Colleges has computerized libraries. To encourage research activities and advanced reading, our libraries have memberships of 10 e-journals including renowned publishers like JEEE journal and databases of ASME, IEEE and ACM. This gives access to students to access articles, books, and reference material online.
The libraries have web-based courses through DELNET and 136 video courses prepared by the faculty of IITs and other leading institutions of India. These courses are taught over the Internet. The central library is computerized and is stocked with more than 7000 books on the variety of subjects. The intake of books is a regular feature in the library and no important title related to any course is missed. The seating capacity of students in library is 200.
Journals and other Collection in Library
In addition to the course books the library includes various books and journal which helps student to increase the knowledge through current affairs
- General books for personality development,
- General knowledge
- Reference books etc. are also added to the collection.
- The library subscribes to national and international subject journals, magazines of current interest along with national and regional dailies to keep the students abreast with the day-to-day happenings around the world and their fields of study.
The double-storey library is tastefully furnished and it can accommodate 200 students at a time in its spacious reading halls. The serene atmosphere in the library with rows of neatly stacked books plays a major role in attracting the students to the library for serious study and supplementing their class notes.