Vision of the Department
‘’We strive to develop the best ways to measure and communicate an organization’s economic activities.”
- To continuously evaluate our performance against world-class benchmarks and standards, develop global tie-ups and innovations in the field of commerce to instill the wider scope for development at the institutional level.
- To inspire and empower the students to be capable of thinking, analyzing, and researching current and prospective business challenges, and to contribute to the development of the nation and economy.
- To develop the students for perusing further higher education in the field of accounting, management, and economics.
- To create urge and enthusiasm in students to take up entrepreneurship in order to be independent and employment providers.
About the Department
Accounting methods have a significant impact not only on decisions made by management teams but also on the behavior of investors, creditors, regulatory agencies, consumers, and employees. Through their teaching, research, and professional activities, faculty members in Modern Group of Colleges (College of Management) Accounting Department strive to develop the best ways to measure and communicate an organization’s economic activities.
To meet the needs of today’s complex markets, Modern Group of Colleges (College of Management) Accounting Department takes a multidisciplinary approach to the field, integrating finance and economics with broader perspectives on organizational issues and the business environment.
Modern Group of Colleges (College of Management) Accounting Department pursues active programs, including recent studies in the following areas:
- The design of executive compensation contracts
- Productivity, efficiency, and incentives in the health care, banking, and other industries
- The role of information in capital markets
- Accounting for financial instruments
- International accounting standards
- Securities analysis
- Taxes and organizational design
- The economic impact of accounting policy