Bachelors in Computer Application (BCA) is a three-year undergraduate degree course for students who wish to delve into the world of Computer languages. The BCA course is one of the most popular options to get started with a career in Information Technology. A degree in BCA is at par with a B.TECH / B.E degree in Computer Science or Information Technology. For a BCA aspirant, this degree would help in setting up a sound academic base for an advanced career in Computer Applications.
- The primary objective of this program is to provide a foundation of computing principles and business practices for effectively using/managing information systems and enterprise software.
- It helps students analyze the requirements for system development and exposes students to business software and information systems.
- This course provides students with options to specialize in legacy application software, system software or mobile applications.
- To produce outstanding IT professionals who can apply the theoretical knowledge into practice in the real world and develop stand alone live projects themselves.
PROGRAM CONTENTS AND ACADEMIC FRAMEWORK
Programming in C I Introduction to Information Technology I Computational Methods I Digital Computer Fundamentals/ Object Oriented Programming with C++I Dat Structures/ Software Engineering / Software Testing I System Analysis & Design I Database Management SystemI Computer Architecture I Operating Systems I Data Communic.ations and Networking I Programming in Java I Multimedia Systems I Microprocessor &Assembly Language Programming / Computer Graphics
SCOPE FOR EMPLOYMENT
• A plethora of opportunities in application development, software testing and maintenance.
- As system analysts and dcrtabose administrators in IT enabled service sector.
Bachelor of Computer Applications graduates can initiate their career in either Private or Government sector as there ore a large number of employment opportunities in these sectors. This degree adually helps the students to get a complete knowledge on computer
Applications so that they can have an ideal launch pad for thriving Career in the IT field.
The job market for Bachelor of Computer Applications has seen o high jump,due to the extensive use of computers in offices, BPO’s, public places, homes and businesses over the years. Therefore, Bachelor of Computer Applications graduates 1noy look forward to rewarding career in several spheres like: system an d network administration, web designing, software programming.
Candidate must have passed with 50% aggregate marks in Diploma (Engg.) (any stream) (3 years after 10th) or Diploma in Computer Applications/ IT (2 years/ 1 year after 10+2) or equivalent.
Admissions are made directly on the basis of marks attained in 10+2. Online registration can be made on our MGC website www.mgccampus.com after 10+ 2 exams.